24 Jan The humble green salad!
It’s not rocket science and you may wonder why I’m baby feeding you with this but, you can’t go wrong with a salad.
I want us to remember the humble green salad– for lunches, dinners and as a super side dish.
Get the goodness in.
- Crispy iceberg lettuce / fresh romaine lettuce
- 6-8 Cherry tomatoes / 2 vine medium tomatoes
- 1/2 Cucumber
- Yellow or red pepper
- Apple cider vinegar (give it a chance! It’s tart and punches you with flavour. I now grab this instead of balsamic vinegar which is rich in sugar)
- Pomegranate seeds
- Finely chopped red or green chilli
- Pumpkin seeds
- Toasted pine nuts
- chopped radishes
- grated parmesan cheese
- chopped walnuts or pistachios
- sliced dates
The list is endless…
Add all of the washed and chopped ingredients into a large salad bowl.
Sprinkle toppings if desired
Keep the Apple cider vinegar or another dressing of choice on the side. There is a tendency to get out of control when we smother a salad in dressing , so keep yourself in check thus helping ingredients remain crunchy.
Use as a side with ANY meal- boom!
*Don’t forget to sign up to the blog over on the right if you’re on a laptop or at the bottom of your phone screen. We have SO many recipes for you this month*