13 Jul Peanut butter vanilla protein shake | RECIPE
I have been working out since Abraham was about five weeks.
I mostly walked with the buggy since he was three weeks and have been *trying* to eat well. By well I mean lean meats and increasing my fruit and veg intake (I explain our whole food diet here).
I have been aware of the amount of protein I have been putting into my body as it can have so many benefits, even for a breastfeeding Mumma like myself (read this article for more info).
I know the jury is out on whey protein and whether it is necessary in our diets but I have always enjoyed the novelty of including it in protein bars or adding flavour and bulk to my smoothies.
Here is the recipe that I know is so simple but I genuinely adore it and so do our kids.
It fills you up in the afternoon slump and is SO sweet that it kills sweet cravings.
Makes 2 glasses
- 1 banana
- 1 scoop vanilla protein shake
- 2-3 tbsps peanut butter
- 1 date (the shake doesn’t even need this but it’s good for an extra energy boost + vitamins galore)
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 cups milk of choice
- 1 cup ice
- Mix all ingredients in a smoothie maker/ blender’ nutri bullet
- Taste and add more milk if you need it a little less sweet
- Pour between the glasses and serve immediately