15 Dec Banana bread recipe (not clean eating!)
But this one is plain and simple, no substitute for sugar, sweet delicious banana bread. My kids adore it.
You can whizz it up in minutes.
200g plain flour
200g caster sugar
50g “real” butter (I use hand churned Abernethy butter) , softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 fresh egg
3 very ripe bananas
Handful of pumpkin seeds
- Preheat your oven. Approx 180oC depending on whether it is fan assisted, adjust as needed.
- Grease and flour or line your loaf tin.
- Use a fork to smash the over ripe bananas in a bowl.
- Add to the whisked egg.
- Fold wet lumpy mixture into the measured flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and butter.
- Finally add the vanilla and mix all well.
- Pour into loaf tin.
- Sprinkle the top of the mixture with pumpkin seeds
- Bake at 180 C / Gas 4 for 50 to 60 minutes or until skewer inserted into centre of cake comes out clean.