28 Feb My Mothering “Some day” wish list
My ideal Mothering Sunday wish list as a Mum to small children.
It’s a week early, but a girl can dream.
- A pee in the bathroom with the door closed. In complete silence.
- A ticket for one to Hawaii. For a week.
- Wheetabix to stay wet and not become like cement on the kitchen table by the time I get around to cleaning it.
- The TV to be on MY channels instead of POP, Young pop, Junior pop, baby pop blah blah blah
- An hour without the Paw patrol theme tune
- A clean car free of snotty tissues, muck, sand, left over McDonalds fries.
- A car that is sexier than the seven seater minivan we have now acquired.
- One morning, just one when everyone uses their initiative to get dressed without seventeen million reminders …” Teeth!” “Uniform!” “Coats!”
- My house plants to live past a week away from little green thumbs over watering them
- One of those glasses that holds a whole bottle of wine. (You.are.welcome.)
- A whole bottle of wine.
- My thirty quid shampoo to be used for my hair and not the kids bubble bath or, to float Emmet in a lego boat in the kitchen sink
- No sibling fights for one bleeding day. Just one.
- A parking spot close to the School gate and not half a mile away triggering “My LEGS ARE SOOORRRRREEE” from the youngest.
- My clothes to appear in the laundry more than one in five washes.
- A years supply of cheerios
- The kids to eat vegetables without gagging or complaining for ONE dinner.
- A clean phone screen minus the finger prints.
- To go to a meeting without an action figure in my pocket.
- A warm coffee enjoyed from start to finish. No microwave involved.
And on a more serious note…
A few of my art prints especially popular with the Mums out there. Click the highlighted words to go straight to the product.
Red wine (we can pretend it’s the size that holds a full bottle of wine)
The lavender print for the gardeners and for simple beauty
The pretty teacup is iconic. My Mum definitely has a set similar to this!
Show her she is a WONDER WOMAN in your eyes!
Add prettiness to her walls with the Dusk delights print
See all my other “Gifts for her” prints here
*To follow more of Aly’s posts and recipes please drop your preferred e mail address in the box to the right of your laptop or at the bottom of your mobile device.*